Friday 17 March 2017

Crossbow Broadhead

A crossbow broadhead takes whatever bolt you already have, no matter if it is made of carbon or aluminum, and turns it into a powerful piece of work. Broadheads are designed to pierce the skin, bone, tissues and organ more easily than a standard bolt might. This provides clean shots, no matter where they are placed, and broadheads for crossbows oftentimes pass through every time. Designed to cut a large hole into the animal, crossbow broadheads often allow for a huge blood trail to be easily followed. Some of them even cut such a large hole that the animal you have shot will not be able to walk too far away from you without bleeding out, making retrieving the game easier than ever before. I have taken it upon myself to try out a few of what I consider to be some of the better broadheads for crossbows out there today in order to help you make the right decision on which broadhead you should be purchasing next.

Factors to Consider Before Buying a Crossbow Broadhead

– Accessories.

Some broadheads for crossbows come complete with different accessories that help you to become a more accurate shot. Such accessories include shock collars that prevent any sort of premature firing from occurring. This stops the bolt from going off if you bump into a tree or bump the crossbow against yourself while stalking. Another great accessory that most broadheads come with are practice shots that help you get used to using your broadheads.

– Cutting diameter.

You should consider using a crossbow broadhead that allows for large cuts to be made in the hide of the animal that you are hunting. The larger the cut that is made, the larger the blood trail that you will have in order to track down your kill.

– Aerodynamics.

You want something that is going to fly accurately at the target, retain its momentum as best it can, and apply the right amount of force and pressure against the body of the animal in order to make a shot that counts. Look for a broadhead that has taken all of these aspects into consideration with the way they are built.

Tips on How to Choose the Best Crossbow Broadhead for Your Needs

– Choose either 100 or 125 grain broadheads depending on the type of shooting style you need. Decide whether accuracy or speed is more important to you when hunting and choose the grain that better suits that need.
– Look for a broadhead that has a secure ferrule in order to ensure that it won’t slip off of your bolt, no matter how often you use it.
– Opt for a crossbow broadhead that uses razor sharp blades. The sharper the blade, the better chance you have of making a clean pass through shot.
– Read reviews of crossbow broadheads online such as the ones I have written below in order to determine which one of the many broadheads out there are better for your specific needs.

Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 100 Grain

Top Features of the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 100 Grain

Impeccable Precision

The precision that the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead gives me is unlike any other I have ever used so far. They worked excellently both times that I went out to test them, and they gave me complete passthrough on each shot. The Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead leaves a large wound channel of 2 inches or more, leaving a nicely sized blood trail due to the size of the wound. What makes it even better is that the animals do not tend to go very far after being shot due to the fact that the wound is such a good size that they bleed out rather quickly.

Ferrule Alignment Technology

Something unique about the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead is the Ferrule Alignment Technology that comes with it, also known as F.A.T. This technology gives better aerodynamic flight, allowing for my shots to be accurate and swift without me ever having to worry about the animal I am aiming for getting tipped off. The F.A.T. also promotes energy and velocity even further downrange than ever before, which gives me some of the best distance, as well as accuracy at that distance, that I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

Great Specifications

The Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead also features ultra strong and tough razor sharp blades that really do the trick in piercing through the animal’s hide and the animal as a whole without bending or stopping short. These blades consist of .035 inches of durable stainless steel. The way that they fly and make contact ensures a 2-inch cutting diameter at the least. Of course it is also worth it to mention that these Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadheads are 100 grain.

Convenient Shock Collar

Finally, one of the features that is the most unique about the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead is the fact that it comes with what they call Shock Collars. These Shock Collars are high energy barriers that prevent the blades on the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead from deploying too soon, for instance, if I bump my bolt or broadhead on something while moving or standing. They’re designed to break on impact to serve as a buffer to my bolts and promote proper bolt retention. This feature has come in handy more than once!

Pros of the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 100 Grain:

– 100 grain
– 2 inch wound channel
– Ferrule Alignment Technology
– Shock Collars
– Stainless steel

Downsides of the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 100 Grain:

– Price.

Of all of the broadheads that I will be reviewing today, the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead is the most expensive. Not by much, though, so keep in mind that you do get what you pay for and that I have personally found that these broadheads were more than worth the investment!

Carbon Express XT Dual Blade Serrated Crossbow Broadhead

Top Features of the Carbon Express XT Dual Blade Serrated Crossbow Broadhead

Massive Damage

The Carbon Express XT Dual Blade Serrated Crossbow Broadhead inflicts an impressive amount of damage on the animals that I have shot with it. These broadheads come with six ultra sharp and very unique cutting edges that help open up a wound that is 250 percent larger than some other traditional broadheads that I have used. I’ve noticed that this creates a much richer blood trail due to the impressive size of the cut allowing me to find the animal much more quickly.

Aerodynamically Sound

I love the way that the Carbon Express XT Dual Blade Serrated Crossbow Broadhead is designed. I could just tell by looking at them that they were going to fly beautifully with their aerodynamic shape, and they definitely do. These broadheads spin when they travel, making my shots more precise. They also retain momentum as they come into contact with the animal, helping create a larger wound. This is definitely the best crossbow broadhead for aerodynamics.

High Quality Composition

These super sharp blades are made with professional grade materials letting me know that I won’t be needing to replace them prematurely. The Carbon Express XT Dual Blade Serrated Crossbow Broadhead features a 1.125-inch cutting diameter which creates an impressive wound channel for maximum blood trail generation. The ferrule is made out of top notch, ultra durable aircraft grade aluminum, and the blades on these Broadheads are made from stainless steel.

Serrated Blades

The blades on the Carbon Express XT Dual Blade Serrated Crossbow Broadhead are serrated, working in harmony with their aerodynamic properties and spinning in order to deliver a devastating blow. The blades stay sharp, too, no matter how many times I have used them.

Perfect for Aluminum and Carbon Bolts

Finally, the Carbon Express XT Dual Blade Serrated Crossbow Broadhead works with most types of bolts. They fit snugly and perfectly onto both of my sets of carbon bolts as well as my aluminum ones so I can really bring them with me no matter what set up I am using. This is great because I often like switching up the kind of bows and bolts that I like to use depending on my mood.

Pros of the Carbon Express XT Dual Blade Serrated Crossbow Broadhead:

– Serrated blades
– 1.125-inch cutting diameter
– 250 percent larger wound opening
– Aerodynamic
– For use with both carbon and aluminum
– Stainless steel

Downsides of the Carbon Express XT Dual Blade Serrated Crossbow Broadhead:

– Accuracy.

Some online reviewers of the Carbon Express XT Dual Blade Serrated Crossbow Broadhead have stated that using these broadheads has made them unable to get consistently accurate group shots. I have not personally had this trouble, so it leads me to wonder whether or not they are using high quality bolts and whether or not they are loading them properly. I wouldn’t let these reviews throw you off from these top quality bolts.

Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 125 Grain

Top Features of the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 125 Grain>/h3>

Protective Shock Collar

The Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 125 Grain comes with a unique feature that has really saved me a lot of grief. These broadheads have what the company calls Shock Collars. Each of these shock collars serves as a high-energy barrier that stops the blades on the broadhead from shooting off prematurely in the event that I knock my broadhead or my bolt on myself or a tree while stalking or standing. They break upon impact and provide me with great bolt retention, saving me plenty of time that I might otherwise spend misfiring.

Ferrule Alignment Technology

Another neat feature about the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 125 Grain is their Ferrule Alignment Technology. This technology, known simply as F.A.T., allows for better energy promotion and a higher velocity downrange, making sure my shots don’t fall short like they normally do. This gives me incredible accuracy even at quite the distance. Helping me with my accuracy with these broadheads is the fact that the F.A.T. technology also supports better aerodynamics so that they fly straighter and more evenly.

Outstanding Precision

I am thoroughly impressed with the precision of the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 125 Grain, and I am of the belief that this might be the best crossbow broadhead for accuracy overall. Every time that I have use them, not only have I struck the animal exactly where I intended to, I got a clean, thorough passthrough each time. These broadheads leave me with a huge wound channel that opens at least 2 inches, if not more. This produces a generous blood trail that is easy to follow. Especially since the animal doesn’t often go very far after being shot by one of these because they end up bleeding out too swiftly.

Impressive Build

Overall, the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 125 Grain is really a force to be reckoned with. It comes with razor sharp, durable blades that have yet to bend. They measure .035 inches and are made of strong stainless steel that flies smoothly and effortlessly on the end of my bolts. They are 125 grain, giving them that extra bit of power that they need to really get the job done.

Pros of the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 125 Grain:

– 125 grain
– 2-inch wound channel
– Ferrule Alignment Technology
– Shock Collars
– Stainless steel

Downsides of the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 125 Grain:

– Price.

The Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 125 Grain is one of the more expensive broadheads on this list, but I believe that in cases like this, if you want something strong, fast and powerful, you need to pay a little extra. I would buy the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 125 Grains again and again.

Swhacker Set of 3 Crossbow 100 Grain 1.75 Inch Cut Broadhead

Top Features of the Swhacker Set of 3 Crossbow 100 Grain 1.75 Inch Cut Broadhead

Powerful and Fast

The Swhacker Set of 3 Crossbow 100 Grain 1.75 Inch Cut Broadhead is a force to be reckoned with. Its 100-grain make up has 2 blades on each head, one that pierces the exterior of the body and one that opens up in the body cavity, still having clean, sharp blades to cut with once it opens. I have had nothing but clean shots with this broadhead. This is the best crossbow broadhead for a clean shot.

High Quality Composition

The Swhacker Set of 3 Crossbow 100 Grain 1.75 Inch Cut Broadhead is made from a .032 thick hunk of razor sharp stainless steel. I have shot clean through shoulderblades with these broadheads and I am very impressed.

Strong Ferrule

The Swhacker Set of 3 Crossbow 100 Grain 1.75 Inch Cut Broadhead holds on fast to my bolts thanks to its anodized aircraft aluminum composition. I’ve never once had to worry about the broadhead slipping off of my bolt.

Pros of the Swhacker Set of 3 Crossbow 100 Grain 1.75 Inch Cut Broadhead:

– .032 inch razor sharp stainless steel blades
– 100 grain
– 2 blades
– Anodized aircraft aluminum ferrule

Downsides of the Swhacker Set of 3 Crossbow 100 Grain 1.75 Inch Cut Broadhead:

– Smaller blood trail.

The Swhacker Set of 3 Crossbow 100 Grain 1.75 Inch Cut Broadhead does seem to produce a smaller blood trail than others, but the trail is still prominent enough where it’s easy enough to track, so I would definitely buy these again.

Final Verdict

I chose the Rage Crossbow X 2-Blade Broadhead 100 Grain as the winner because it opens up a 2 or more inch wound channel that makes an amazing blood trail and the animals often can’t wander too far after being shot. The included Shock Collars save me a lot of time and energy, and the F.A.T. technology seems to make me more accurate. I recommend this for the hunter who wants to make every shot count.



source http://crossbow360.com/crossbow-broadhead/

No comments:

Post a Comment